For this year’s World Whisky Day, we’re celebrating the everyday heroes that are making a difference in the global response to COVID-19
**The competition has closed. The winners will be announced week commencing 25th May**
Do you know someone who deserves a dram this World Whisky Day?
A kindly neighbour, carer or pillar of the community who’s been there for you or someone you love in their time of need?
A partner or relative that’s been keeping the kids educated and entertained, whilst bossing a 9-to-5?
A friend that’s been a shoulder to cry on, a helping hand, a rock for you to rely on?
There are plenty of people worthy of special recognition nowadays. So, for World Whisky Day this year, we’re celebrating the everyday heroes that are making a difference, big or small, in the global response to COVID-19.
We want to hear from you. Nominate someone in your life who you think deserves a dram and let us know why (in 200 words or less) using the entry form below. We’ll be rewarding those who submit our three favourite stories with a bottle of Jura Red Wine Cask Finish each!
Whether the person you have in mind is an eager newcomer, a whisky connoisseur or someone who has a tipple or three now and again, let’s reward their efforts with a hearty dram of the amber stuff. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with your stories via the entry form below. The entry deadline is Saturday 23 May; the winners will be announced on Monday 25 May.
We’ll also be sharing your stories far and wide on Twitter so tweet them to us @WorldWhiskyDay using the hashtag #YouDeserveADram.
The Prize – Jura Red Wine Cask Finish
Jura Red Wine Cask Finish has been matured in American White Oak ex-Bourbon barrels before being finished in hand-selected European red wine barriques for 18 to 24 months. The result is a perfectly balanced and delicate single malt offered at an ABV of 40%. Bursting with rich berry flavours, Jura Red Wine Cask Finish presents enticing aromas of sultanas, creamy caramel and Black Forest fruits. The palate presents a pleasing flourish of creamy vanilla, raspberries, strawberries and cinnamon spice.
Jura is an island nestled off the West Coast of Scotland. Home to a tiny island community of roughly 212 people, with only one road, one pub, and one distiller, Jura is as beautiful as it is remote. The distillery was established in 1810 and reborn in 1963 to revive the community. Inspired by their history and island home, they create single malt with a true passion for the craft of whisky making.
Terms and Conditions
- Entrants must be of legal drinking age in their country of residence.
- Proof of age required to claim prize.
- Entry is open worldwide with the exception of Hawaii and Canada due to distribution restrictions.
- Entry is by completing entry form on www.worldwhiskyday.com.
- Prize consists of one bottle of a special, limited edition, signed bottle of Jura whisky. There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter.
- Prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
- Entries will be judged by an independent adjudicator; whose decision is final.
- The competition will close on Saturday 23 May and the winner will be announced week commencing Monday 25 May
- Winner will be notified by email. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Entrants agree to the use of their name in any publicity material, as well as their entry.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.