Iain Forteath, Global Brand Ambassador for Angus Dundee Distillers, has created a bespoke cocktail using Tomintoul 10 Single Malt Scotch Whisky for World Whisky Day 2018.
The Smoky Ol’ Tom plays on the floral sweetness of the Tomitoul 10. Easy to make at home, the Smoky Ol’ Tom is a perfect entry point for new whisky drinkers and a refreshing twist for whisky aficionados. It’s not without a touch of flare though – charred rosemary smoke adds a further flavour dimension to the sweet-sourness of the whisky and lime. Think Scotch Margarita!
50ml Tomintoul 10
25ml lime juice
2 teaspoons of sugar syrup
4 sprigs of rosemary
1) Pour the whisky, lime juice and sugar syrup into a cocktail shaker or mixing cup
2) Add two sprigs of rosemary and muddle gently
3) Add ice and stir for 20 seconds
4) Using a blow torch, char a sprig of rosemary until it begins to smoulder
5) Place a rocks glass over the smoldering rosemary to collect the smoke
6) Turn the glass over and quickly add fresh ice
7) Double strain the cocktail into the glass
8) Garnish with a sprig of rosemary