WORLD WHISKY DAY LTD
WEBSITE PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
This privacy and cookies policy (“the Policy”) applies to your use of our website at www.worldwhiskyday.com, and where appropriate, our social media pages (“the Website”). The Website is operated by World Whisky Day Ltd, a company registered in Scotland (company number: SC405613) whose registered office is at 46 Connaught Place, Edinburgh EH6 4RN (“World Whisky Day”, “us” or “we”).
We are committed to preserving and respecting your privacy. Please read the following Policy to understand how we use and protect the information that you provide to us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), we are the data controller.
By using the Website or by otherwise providing us with your information you consent to the collection, storage, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this Policy.
Information that we collect from you
We collect information:
- that you provide to us by filling in forms on our Website;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- about your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us;
- when you upload information to our Website; and
- where you complete surveys that we use for research purposes.
The type of information we collect from you may include:
- full name;
- contact information including email address;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- photographs; and
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
Use of Your Information
We use your information:
- to enable us to supply you with the products, services and information which you have requested;
- to periodically send promotional emails to you in order to send you details of our new products, services or special offers which may be of interest to you;
- to analyse the information we collect from you in order that we can examine trends and patterns in the information and improve our products and services;
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes or to contact you for your views on our services;
- to contact you for market research purposes;
- for our internal record keeping; and
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and services.
We may contact you by text message or email for market research purposes. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future by any of these means, then please let us know.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data on the registration form.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Where we store your personal information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Disclosure of your information
The information you provide to us will be treated as confidential. However, we may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us such as our employees, officers, agents, or service providers as necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy or for purposes approved by you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our website terms and conditions of use or the terms and conditions of our chosen online retailers at http://www.walkerslater.com/world-whisky-day-shop and other agreements;
- to protect our rights and property, or our safety and our customers’ safety; and/or
- for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Rights – Marketing
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing and transfer by not checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at World Whisky Day Ltd, 46 Connaught Place, Edinburgh EH6 4RN.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission is at your own risk. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Your data may be stored by third parties on our behalf. We, and our third party contractors, employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your e-mail address and other contact details.
Links to other websites
Our Website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes; and
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected].
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to World Whisky Day Ltd, 46 Connaught Place, Edinburgh EH6 4RN.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We may amend this Policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on the Website.
Your Rights – Copies and Corrections
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information held by us in our records in return for which we may charge a small fee. You also have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information.
If you have any queries concerning your personal information or any questions on our use of the information then please contact us at [email protected].