Wish you were saying aloha to the weekend? These three whisky cocktails are worth getting shaken and stirred over.
The Shaken Sporran
For anyone looking to add a Scottish twist to their Friday night, here’s your answer.
- 1 orange wedge
- 50ml of single malt Speyside whisky
- 2 tsp passion fruit syrup
- 25ml fresh apple juice
- 25ml cranberry juice
- Handful of mint to garnish
1. Put the orange wedge, whisky, passion fruit syrup, apple juice and cranberry juice into a cocktail shaker. Add a handful of crushed ice and shake hard.
2. To serve, strain the cocktail into a short glass fill with crushed ice. Garnish with mint and slice of orange.
Pay homage to a classic combination with this flavoursome cocktail that’s a real crowd pleaser.
- ½ oz crème de cacao
- ½ oz Triple Sec
- 3 drops orange bitters
- Orange peel
1. Put all of the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice and shake!
2. Garnish with a curl of orange peel and a dusting of cocoa powder.
The New York Sour
If your Friday night calls for a classic and elegant cocktail, we suggest this little number.
- 1 ox lemon juice
- 2 oz whisky (preferably something aged in bourbon casks)
- 1 oz Monin cocktail syrup
- Dash of red wine, such as shiraz
1. Add the ingredients, apart from the red wine, to a cocktail shaker, fill with ice and shake
2. Strain into a short glass and fill with a handful of crushed ice. Slowly pour the wine over the back of a spoon so it floats on top!